Monday, September 20, 2010

Blogs that have ended

I got into this blogging business a while back, and though I don't update very frequently I do sparingly sprinkle my blog with smatterings of my sparkling wit. Just happened to click through to many of the blogs I haven't visited in a while, and about 70% of them have for all practical purposes ended. Its interesting how almost no blog just stops abruptly. People feel the need to say something witty or solemn or sad or happy i.e. evoke a special feeling to mark the occasion. Why this human obsession with not being forgotten? Mausoleums, pyramids, named buildings, companies - all to stay remembered.
No I am not closing this blog (not that anyone cares). Its kind of fun to update occasionally and though there is not much personal information it does play the role of an online diary. Usually when I read an entry from back in the day, it does bring back memories from around that period of time. The power of association is probably the best way to encrypt something - out there for everyone to see but the personal meaning of fairly mundane things can never be replicated! Ha ha.
What else is up? Good summer. No complaints. Oh yeah did a road trip to Yellowstone. 3300 miles driven in 5 days. Fun stuff. Might update later with details.

No comments: