Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Ai ai ai yoo..

Been plagued with recurrent knee pain :(. I think its the new running shoe I have been running with for the last 4 weeks, as the knee has steadily deteriorated over the period. My old shoes were brilliantly left at my friend's place in London. My advice to you is to avoid like the plague these colorful new fangled shoes that claim to do all these crazy things. All the techno messes up your natural balance and cranks up your injury risk. The worst ones are those with a raised heel that leave you feeling tall, pumped and bouncy - they increase the pressure on the front of your foot which then levers into your knee. Given this, I don't understand why women wear high heels! It can so easily turn into a nightmare, where a heel slips, ankle twists or worse still a ligament tears. (The sacrifices people make and risks people take to look good ;) ). Moral of the story : stick to simple shoes for athletic activity. Wear the fancy shoes (heels for example) if you want to look good.

4 comments:

Primalsoup said...

One always wants to look good. :)

Anonymous said...

Nice sharing.. My physiotherapist suggest my to wear MBT shoes for rid, leg and foot troubles. Got a pairs from Amazon.com last week.

Kirthi said...

Hah and its tougher to get a pair of shoes for my baby feet! I need to go to the kids section sometimes. Its so annoying. Why do Americans have to be so huge!

Artful Badger said...

To think about it a couple of other friends have the same problem as well. Everything tends to be so unnecessarily big in America!