Thursday, August 10, 2006

Tag

I have been tagged by Lakshmi.

One book that changed your life?


Well pretty much everything I do is contained in one book or another. Of course, there are also these emotional type reactions to reading a book, but nothing I can clearly identify. I loved 'The Great Gatsby', its a simple beautiful story, and very unlike what is paraded as 'happiness' in general.

One book you have read more than once?

Well, I have read my Asterix and Tintin comics collections like a million times.

One book you would want on a deserted island?

"How to get out of a deserted island really fast"

One book that made you laugh

The Hitchiker series of books by Douglas Adams. His humor is something that is closest to what I like.

One book that made you cry

I am reading 'A Fine Balance' by Rohinton Mistry. The story is touching.

One book you wish had been written?

' A Suitable Boy' by Vikram Seth. It must be so hard to write a book that is 1400 pages long and sticks together. I also love how he has all kinds of insights about people and situations.

One book you wish had never been written?

Lots man. Lots. Take the Tom Clancy rubbish, for example. I would be embarrased to be like this overgrown kid who still hasn't got over warships, guns and spy satellites. They just kill.

One book you are currently reading?

'Fine Balance' by Rohinton Mistry.

One book you have been meaning to read?

'An Equal Music' by Vikram Seth. I have this whole reading Indian literature thing going.

Who are my suckers?

Prashanth - He would like to do this.

Alraqs - She would to.

Megha - Its kind of honoring to link to a superstar type blogger who gets 220 (really!) comments per post.

Intern ?

I don't think anybody else reads this blog :). So, I shall stop there. To, that statement of mine there has, much to my joy, been protests. So, to some extent it is unlikely to be a completely accurate representation of facts.

15 comments:

twip said...

hullo! I read your blog!

sniff....:(

Anonymous said...

P.I.G, and co-reader of asterix and tintin, Thanks for the tag response ! Nice to see the chain growing.
BTW, it was Lakshmi who tagged you, not Arunn (however, since Lakshmi is the better half of the said Arunn, it really does not matter :)

Artful Badger said...

[megha] ok! ok! You know, I didn't mean to be offensive or anything :)..just ranting like I always do :)..
[Lakshmi] oops...I went to the url and it said Arun..so I didn't know what to put :)..
anyway..i corrected it..:)

Prashanth said...

Sure I'll do it but I take offense to the statement "I would be embarrased to be like this overgrown kid who still hasn't got over warships, guns and spy satellites." :)

I mean, I don't any longer do guns and warships but I still do spells and swords and dragons and robots and spaceships :). But I admit I am an overgrown kid so it's okay.

Artful Badger said...

Spells and dragons are sweet....like a girl might start cooing over you...

Spaceships and stars are fun...its imaginative...I still sometimes imagine how it would be to just fly around the Galaxy and check out whats going on..thats kind of nerdy and geeky..

Warships and planes at age 53 is sad...thats the time when you realize death is near you..and kind of being crazy about these devices that kill others is not nice..

Anonymous said...

yes, this shall be fun...shall get to it, once I get a minute out of laziness and supposed busy-ness...good luck on your exams..

twip said...

'superstar type blogger' it seems!

O' artful badger, that is a little much :D

And of course I read my comments...I gave up on answering them in my latest post because it was a little too overwhelming...so I just let it be.
:-)

Prashanth said...

Hello I'm not 53... and I have no idea what kind of stuff I'll be reading at that age... and btw wars and warships and etc save more lives than they take.

Artful Badger said...

they do?!...now i want more of an explanation on that one :)...

and i never said you were 53..i just said that guy was 53 and still..whatever!

Kirthi said...

I don't know why I have this wicked inclination to address you by your real name: simply because you chose to switch to anonymity. Why Badger? Weren't you already a Pig?? Gosh the menagerie of blogdom is so confusing!

Raindrop said...

Allo.

I read your blog too.

Artful Badger said...

[kirthi] heh..the menagerie of blogdom..i kind of wanted to develop on the theme of including random animals..
[prasnath] yeah..true..but it is necessary..but whats the point in glamorizing it...it always makes it something that everyone wants to do..
[intern] i guessed as much..but you know it never hurts to try...
i think blogging is a nice activity..i am happy i started it..its not a mindless timewaste like chatting...it has a nice memory aspect to it...it would be nice to look at whats been going on in my life a few years hence..
[raindrop] :)...well i generally tend to make these slightly crazy statements so please excuse...
[intern] hmm..i am thinking of having a photo blog as well..but maybe later..i am sure i will start it but it will just rot after that...

Anonymous said...

hehehehehe! was gonna protest but can't lie!
Read your blog today after a while!
its weird, but I have read 'an equal music' buyt not 'the suitable boy'! The number of pages is a little intimidating! I loved 'an equal music' though! Go read!

Artful Badger said...

[madhura] hey! howslife?! what are you doing now?
hmm..yes i would like to read 'An Equal Music', sometime in the near future..
however...looking at how things are going..i think its more likely to be in the 'far and distant future'..

Artful Badger said...

[intern] show was good! had fun! though it was very crowded coming back..