Monday, August 07, 2006

Blah

1. Oh my week was so much fun. You know, I met so many people and learnt so much about them and life is so beautiful and smiles and sparkles. Yeah right! I get up at 7 in the morning.

2. Well, Lollapalooza came to Chicago this weekend. Its this really big music festival held in Grant Park. The highlight of the 2 day event, was the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. For reasonably guessable reasons, I didn't go to it. However, I did manage to listen to them for free during my Sunday evening run along Lake Michigan (Grant Park runs right by Lake Michigan)!

3. I made myself a music system. Bought a Sony receiver and Bose 301 speakers. The Bose 301's are the closest you can get to musical heaven without going to hell with your wallet. They cost about 325$ and have been made by Bose for the last 30 years. They have pretty much mastered the thing. Most Bose speakers are universally light on the bass, and are designed for the kind of sound you would get from a live performance. I kind of like the non earth jarring bass. However, if you do want more bass, you could just buy a sub-woofer.

They also have this new fangled ultra-hep Acoustimass range that is bloody expensive, mainly because the speakers are in the form of tiny cubes, and the whole thing runs wireless. However, they sound like crap. There is this basic physics thing about sound that the frequency of your note is inversely propotional to the amount of space you are generating it in. Case in point - tweeters are small, bass modules are big! They claim to have engineered the speakers to generate all frequencies, but frankly they end up sounding totally flat and lifeless. However, if you don't really listen to music, and are basically looking to impress friends, then its worth getting! ;)

4. Have a bunch of tests from Aug 14 - 18. Its pretty important for me to do well, and the whole thing has got me a little anxious. Anyway, can't wait to get done with them.

6 comments:

Prashanth said...

@Intern: Return my calls, young lady!

@Ramani: Dude, your neighbourhood is amazing... and happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

*yawn* on the speakers stuff :)...but good luck, and happy birthday too, I guess!
~alraqs

Artful Badger said...

Thank you thank you. I am well aware that gyan on speakers doesn't appeal to all :)...

Aravind said...

Hey man. Just landed on this blog and loved it. realise that you are not poor any more. But entertaining blog nonetheless.

Artful Badger said...

Thanks! :)..

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear that your living your life to the fullest. Enjoy more while you still have it!

Goodluck!