Saturday, May 21, 2005

Gsk

Well, life is very different working for a Pharmaceutical Company. For, starters I wear formal clothing. And, most of the people know little to no computer science. Which is good for me as I can learn a lot of Biology. My boss looks ok, would like to get my project done fast and move on to some research. Which is just fine with me! He doesn't seem to be a typical industry guy, he is more of an academic. He is Biology+CS major with a Ph. D. from UCLA with one year of post-doc experience. He worked for a while with a biotech startup before moving into a more stable job with Glaxo. He seems to know a lot about the industry and trends as such. He was telling me all about the drug development process, for the first time I feel like I am getting a real hands on perspective of what's going on.

No comments: